SQLFlow actually supports two kinds of file as the input:
- SQL file, including comments. DDL file for an example, sql such as create table can be used as metadata.
- Json files which contain the database metadata
All other kinds of the input will be no longer supported and users shall convert the inputs to the above two formats. As a result, an out-of-box tool is needed to complete the conversion.
SQLFlow-Ingester has three different parts:
- sqlflow-exporter: getting metadata from database
- sqlflow-extractor: processing raw data files such as log files, various script files (from which SQL statements and metadata to be processed are extracted), CSV files containing SQL statements, etc.
- sqlflow-submitter: submitting sql and metadata to the sqlflow server, creating jobs, generating data lineage, and creating the results in the UI.
Read more details for the above Ingester components: